Wednesday, April 21, 2010

See What's Not There

When I read about Abraham, I am always taken back by his OBEDIENCE. Throughout his life, the faith-tests were dramatic, and he passed them with flying colors:

(ch.12) "Leave and go to a land I will show you"
(ch.21) The birth of Isaac, when Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90
(ch.22) The sacrifice of Isaac, the son of promise

He met every challenge, it seems, with simple yet strong faith:

"Yet he (Abraham) did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what he had promised." (Romans 4:20-21)

In the same passage (v.17), "...the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were."

So I ask myself, Do I see the same "obey-first-and-ask-questions-later" kind of faith in my own life? All too often, the answer is no. But the Bible unwaveringly says that obedience is better than sacrifice. So, Lord, help me to trust in you more, "being fully persuaded that You have the power to do what you've promised!"

...and to remember, that YOU see what's NOT there...and say that it IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment