Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Secret Place

Do you have a "secret place" where God meets with you?

A place no one else goes but you Him?
A place you "hide away" with Him to learn His ways?
A place where He "works" on you?
A place where He's making you more like Him?
A place where you seek wisdom?
A place where you find strength for each day?
A place where He renews your hope?

A secret place.

Last night, I heard Rick Dubose share a message on "The Secret Place," and I was challenged! I am humbled by the reality that God wants to meet with me...but I allow the busy-ness of my life to crowd Him out. In essence, I have often "stood him up," left him there waiting, day after day, with nothing but weak excuses and promises that things will be different next time. If I treated anyone else that way, I would either be an absent-minded knucklehead, or simply a jerk! (Lord, forgive me. You deserve better...)

Consider this: Jesus appointed the twelve to be disciples..."that they might be with him." (Mark 3:13). That's pretty much everything to a follower of Christ. Just be with Him.

Find your secret place...and go there! He's waiting...

1 comment:

  1. I know I am guilty of the busy-ness bug. I often do what Peter talks about in Romans 7:18-21. I don't do good even though I want too. Watch out God, I'll bring the Starbucks coffee next time we spend time in our secret place.

    ReplyDelete