Sunday, June 27, 2010

More Than Words

Shared a message this morning by this same title -- and it is really sticking with me today. (Funny for a preacher to be impacted AFTER his own sermon, huh?) I just can't stop thinking about God's strategy for reconciling mankind: He didn't TELL us about His love, He SHOWED us! Talk is cheap. Even God knows that...

So think about it: "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen the glory of the Father." (John 1:14) God sent Jesus to reveal His glory. Now, Jesus sends US to reveal His glory, through our lives. But we have to do more than TALK -- we need ACTION...the kind of action that reveals God's glory!

That sets the bar pretty high, for me. Is my life GLORIOUS? (no laughing please, this is a serious question!) Here's the kicker: I'm a preacher, so that means I "talk" for a living...but now I'm realizing that it takes "more than words" to reach this generation. What a bummer -- now I have to get my hands dirty...

No comments:

Post a Comment