Monday, March 16, 2009

Thanksgiving in March

I was just thinking about how good God has been to me. As Dave Ramsey (of Financial Peace University) would say when asked how he is doing, "Better than I deserve." Amen to that! Wonderful church family, great service yesterday, moving locations soon, 5 incredible women in my life, 2 dogs I like most of the time, spending 3 days in OK for Spring Break, loving the in-laws, quiet small-town mornings, fresh coffee & my Bible...need I go on? We're healthy, we're happy, and we're heaven-bound (oops, that almost sounded like a Southern Gospel song title!).

Anyway, God is good...and I'm thankful. Now, bring on the turkey & dressing!

What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear some of your thoughts--don't make me wait until November...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, David. Great hearing from you, my friend. It would be nice to get together some time and exchange notes. I hear about the progressive things going on in your church ministry...new location, name change, outreach, etc. Blessings on you and your growing faith community. Let's stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor David,

    I touch and agree with you on that Sunday's service. It was Spirit filled and Holy Ghost lead.

    My family has been thankful for Pastor David and his family, The Bridge Community Church, and all it's members that show us love. “As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man” Proverbs 27:19. It captures my families spirit for thankfulness. Even though we may not always tell God we're thankful, he searches our hearts daily.

    ReplyDelete