Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's finally here...

For several months, I've been thinking about starting a blog. "Why?" you're asking. Well, besides the annals of thought-provoking insights that are sure to fly off my fingertips for your your reading pleasure (OK, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement...), I thought it would be a great way for us to keep in touch. As the lead pastor of The Bridge Community Church, I am excited about the future of our church! But at the same time, I am aware of the challenges that await us. As a "homeless church," we are always in need of more "together" time. No building does not have to mean no bonding. In fact, we must stay connected--both spiritually and relationally--if we want to be a church that God can use to reach the people He loves.

So, here it is. But let me clarify what "it" is... And perhaps it would be easiest to start by saying what it is not:

1. It is not the church newsletter
2. It is not the pastor's diary
3. It is not an online sermon resource

So what in the world is the purpose of a "bridge blog" from the pastor?

"Life at the Bridge" will be a place for us to meet, interact, share our hearts, and do life together. I will share my thoughts about how God is working in our church body. And I hope you will respond by sharing your hearts, as well. Think of it as online living room. Just come in, kick of your shoes, sit down by the fireplace (you can tell I'm writing this is the winter, huh?), sip on some hot chocolate, and let's talk about God. We are a faith family--so this can be our family room.

Bottom line, I want you to be encouraged, educated, challenged, and maybe even changed by what you read. (Pretty big build-up, isn't it? Well, let's just see how it goes.) Who knows, maybe our God will teach us all a little something as we commit to loving Him and loving one another...

I love you guys,
David

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about your interest in the blogosphere! I think this will not only lead to greater spiritual insight for the Bridge, but also for us as christians to begin reflecting more leading those around us back to the things that are most important...Christ! Thanks for this step, I know I will be looking periodically, and hopefully commenting too.

    ReplyDelete